Thursday, March 18, 2010

Slow on the Uptake

It wasn't until I hit 30-something that I actually paid attention to politics.  Well, that's not true.  I paid attention, but I held on to a rosy naivete that what news organizations presented deserved my trust on mere face-value.  Sometime in the last few years, I had a crisis of conscience.  And, as a good student, I started reading.  I read everything I could get my hands on from across the political spectrum.  Fairly quickly, after years of considering myself to be a moderate, I realized I was a conservative.  

And as I read, one element was confirmed over and over - semantics matter.  Word choice matters.  How we choose to describe things matters.   That sentiment is explained well here.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails