Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Today's Lunch

My lunch today.  Leftover oven fries and leftover onion and garlic sausage with a sprinkle of cheese.  Heated up in a non-stick pan and tossed a few times. The oven fries make great test subjects for flipping the food in the skillet like the chefs.  They're big and lumpy and don't scatter or slop everywhere.  Darling and a bunch of his guy-friends made the sausage in January - all other sausage pales in comparison.  I don't feel good today and want comfort food.  My usual salad wasn't comforting enough.



Okay, it needed some ranch dressing.  See that touch of yellowy-orange in the top left corner.  I tried "Lite Avocado Ranch" first.  Nasty.  Lite.  What was I thinking when I bought it?  Lite ranch has a flat, powdery flavor to it.  Blech.  If I'm going for comfort, I'm going for comfort.

Excuse me, please.  My lunch is calling.

~ G

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails