Need delicious dough and a cookie with rich, buttery, crispy edges and a chewy interior? Something perfect for when the kids walk in the door from school or for making with a bored preschooler? This is your cookie.
Prep Time: 10 min.
Baking Time: 7-9 min.
Total Time: 20-30 min.
Makes ~2 dozen
What You Need:
1 Cup peanut butter
1 Cup sugar1 egg
3 Tbsp. milk
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
3/4 Cup flour
2 Tbsp. extra sugar
What You Use:
mixing bowl (or stand mixer)
spoon or small scoop for dropping cookies on sheet
What You Do:
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Tear off a sheet of parchment paper that fits your pan.
3. Cream the peanut butter and 1 Cup sugar.
4. Thoroughly blend in egg, milk, vanilla.
5. Add salt and baking soda. Mix well.
6. Gently stir in flour - do not over mix or you'll have a tough cookie. hahahaha
7. Drop by heaping teaspoons onto baking sheet, 2" apart.
8. Pour 2 Tbsp sugar on small plate.
9. Dip fork into sugar, than smoosh it down onto one mound of cookie dough. Lift off fork and dip back in sugar, repeat, making a criss-cross shape on the cookie. Repeat on all the cookies.
10. Bake for 7-9 minutes or just until cookies are starting to brown.
11. Cool for a couple minutes, then eat!
12. Makes 2 dozen. It's more like 1 dozen for us. The dough tastes so good we only have enough left for 1 dozen cookies.
Who wants pics for a how-to? Do they actually help you? Please post a comment and let me know.