Sunday, April 11, 2010

Date Night Rules

Despite wanting to cancel the sitter and stay home to nurse a headache/go to bed early, we went on our date.  Date night makes all the difference in the world.  Darling and I had been snarling and snapping at each other most of the week day.  15 minutes into date night, the tension of the past few weeks fell away and we were holding hands and laughing again.  There is much to be said for getting a sitter and getting away to just be a couple for a few hours.  After all, our family started with the two of us and if the two of us aren't on the same page and working as a team, we run the risk of losing touch.  It never fails to amaze me how just a couple of hours alone with Darling reminds me why I love him so much, why I chose to spend my life with him, and why he's my best friend.

So the next time I say I'm too tired for date night, someone smack me.  ;-)

~ G

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails