Saturday, April 3, 2010

More on the Mouth

We saw the oral surgeon yesterday.  He agrees that three of Little One's teeth need to be extracted.  He doesn't want to do general anesthesia unless we're at the hospital.  He thinks numbing her up and then just pulling them in the office will suffice.  Given the risks of general anesthesia on a two year-old, Darling and I completely agree.  So, Tuesday morning we'll give her some Motrin an hour before we go in and then that'll be that.

Yesterday, I had to stay after the appointment and talk to the billing lady about how we're paying.  My eyes got misty thinking about coming in to remove my baby's teeth.  She smiled and said I wouldn't be the first mama who cried.  She said she and all the other women cry when the mamas cry because they are mamas, too.  I'm glad to know I won't be the first to blubber up.  Good grief.  It's only teeth.  But she's my baby.  And she's too little to know what's happening.  And I can't explain it in a way she'll understand.  Somehow that makes it worse.  Or maybe it doesn't.  I don't know.  What I know is that should all go well, the day after the extraction, she'll be able to eat normally again and that's a good thing.  Right now she's very uncomfortable.  Sigh. 

Motherhood is not for wimps.  

~ G

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails