Tuesday, October 26, 2010

This WAHM Stuff

I've been a SAHM for almost ten years.  This summer I took a job that uses my skills from my pre-mom career to work part-time at home.

It has kicked my butt.

It has changed my family dynamic.  It has changed how I managed time.  It has changed my friendships.

I don't care for it, it's been a nuisance, it makes me sad, respectively.

The truth - the hard, ugly, truth is that we need the money.  We have to have the money.

I like the paychecks.  I like that I'm remembering what I did before kids and that I was kinda good at it.  I like that there's an opportunity to make it full time from home.  I like that the money for the full time position would be so much awesomer than what I make now.  Yes, I said awesomer.  It's not a word.  In case you felt the need to confer with a Dictionary.

I'm here to tell you that this WAHM stuff is hard.  It's hard.

There are a few things I have learned, though.

Excuse me.  I have to wake up the kids and get them ready for school.  I'll be back later to tell you what I learned.

Maybe I need to work on my time management...

~ G

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails