Tuesday, October 5, 2010

"Hi, Mama. I Just Made Pee."

Ahhh... such sweet words.  Except at 9:30 at night.  When she's been in bed for two hours.  Sound asleep for at least the last hour and a half.  In her Dora undies. And not a diaper.

So, I'm standing in the kitchen, assembling cinnamon rolls, when I hear Little One's sweet voice from the hall behind me.

I gather myself.  I'm calm.  I ask, "where did you make pee?"

"I make pee-pee in the potty."  She says so matter-of-factly.

Do you know what this means?  Do you?  Does anyone know?  Cinnamon rolls to the winner!

She woke up from a sound sleep, realized she needed to go, got up, unzipped her footed jammies, pottied in the potty, dressed herself, came in to report, and went back to bed.  With. Out. Me.

Amen and Hallelujah!

Just had to report.  Now back to the kitchen to clean up my mess.  Cinnamon rolls create quite the pile of dishes.

~ G

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails