Spicy Short Ribs
What You Need:
~1/2 Cup total barbecue sauce, mustard
1 Tbsp (or more) Cayenne pepper
What You Use:
small mixing bowl
lidded storage container
What You Do:
1. Preheat oven to 325.
2. Choose your spices, measure, and mix in small mixing bowl.
3. Rub spice mixture into both sides of the beef.
4. Lay short ribs in roasting pan.
5. Cook for 2 1/2 hours. If you want more browning, do not use foil tent. If you don't want more browning, use the foil tent. If you want a little browning, use the foil tent for the first 1 hour and 45 minutes.
6. Remove roaster from oven, cover with foil for 15 min. You can use your foil tent for this, just smoosh it closer to the meat.
7. Remove meat from bone and set aside into a lidded container.
The makings for a tasty sauce.
Mix it all up. Yep, it'll look... questionable.
The beef. Pay no attention to the Little Caesar's Crazy Bread package. The kids got pizza last night because Darling and I had a date. Little One decided to "help" me take pictures. Couldn't bring myself to crop it.
Slathered short ribs, almost ready for the oven.
Foil tent. I wanted flavor more than a crust, so I tented the ribs for the first 1 3/4 hours.
Cutting up the ribs. I think we had some with dinner, while the rest of the meat got pulled off the bone for chili.
Tomorrow's chili will taste amazing. Slow cooked meat in chili is a winner! Keep your eyes open for my Cheap Meat Chili recipe.