Monday, May 11, 2009

The Fruit of the Spirit Challenge

Awhile back, a good girlfriend told me about her Fruit of the Spirit journey. Basically she used Galatians 5:22 and each week focused on a different fruit. Just a little refresher:

Galatians 5:22-23 (New International Version)

22But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Galations%205:22-23;&version=31


So, for the past few weeks I've thought about the fruits of the Spirit: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. The one that I kept thinking about the most was kindness.

I asked a God-girl of mine to join me in choosing one a week and focusing on it. We could keep each other accountable and share what we're learning and discuss how God's working in our lives. Yeah. Since that conversation, getting her on the phone has been tricky. Seems God wants me to forge ahead with or without an accountability buddy.

Maybe writing a blog is actually worse? Maybe putting this out online for any and all to see is more accountability than I ever imagined?

As I said, "kindness" has been on my mind, full force. Today is May 11 and this week I focus on kindness. Let's see what happens.

1 comment:

  1. I just wanted to say thank you for sharing your journey with us!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails